Thursday, January 19, 2006

Winter in New York

Sounds like a movie, doesn't it?

Well, it's not a movie; this is where I am stuck at right now. I love New York for various reasons but I loathe winter! I loathe being cold. Being cold makes me very cross. I am spending a small fortune on my heating bills! New York is expensive as it is but it is most expensive for me right now. And I am still freezing my ass off!

Anyway, I have a *big* confession!

I cannot cook! (Thought I was going to say something different, didn't you?) I've found out what virtually every other person Earth must know by now: cooking helps keep the home warm. I've also found I do* not* like to cook. I usually go out to eat or have someone cook for me but it's a bit hard to maintain anonymity and go out to eat every day in this city. Thank God for the frozen produce section in grocery stores! I still like to sneak out and have dinner out anyway. I could invite Bobby over to my flat for dinner but he would most likely show up with handcuffs and an army of cops. Men!!!! Actually, I don't think Bobby would want to eat my cooking. I don't even want to eat my cooking!!

I have found I do enjoy baking because it's not that difficult. However, this kind of food is fattening and I must watch my girlie figure! =) I have also found myself incredibly bored being cooped up in this flat. I have made myself familiar with various cleaning products. I have even met a nice couple: a mop and a broom! =)

The best thing about this city, hideous winters and all, is the shopping.

Speaking of shopping, I need to go shoe shopping. I broke the heel of my cream coloured Manolo Blahniks walking up the stairs to my flat.

Oh well, that can be my adventure for tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to finish that bottle of Cristal! =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I echo Amy's welcome back. Enjoy your show shopping. :)

NemesisNicole said...

Thanks!

I found a great pair of black open toe Prada heels. I can only wear them indoors right now. Bloody winter! =)